This post was last updated on May 8th at 3:30pm
To the Residents of the 14th District,
This week, Gov. JB Pritzker shared a roadmap for restoring Illinois. You can learn more about the steps and metrics Illinois will use to safely reopen the state in the coming months.
My office has created a COVID-19 webpage with up-to-date information for you and your family. We will continue to provide weekly summaries of new information as well. You can read last week's update here.
As of today, Illinois has 73,760 reported cases and 3,241 reported deaths. Daily updates on case count and general resources have been compiled by Gov. Pritzker here. You can also see community by community data for Cook County here.
1) Find Local COVID-19 Testing: You can find your local COVID-19 testing site on this map here. Currently, IDPH is offering tests to anyone experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms, has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, or have a compromised immune system or chronic condition. You can read the full guidelines here and you can find a full list of testing sites across the state here.
2) Evictions and Utility Shut Offs Still Suspended: During the public health emergency, the state has stopped all evictions and shut-offs for water, gas, and electricity. This has been extended until June 1. You can learn more about these suspensions here.
3) Property Tax Dates Updated: The Cook County Assessor's Office and the Cook County Treasurer's Office are currently closed. However, they just issued new dates for some services. For property taxes, Palatine Township assessment notices were sent out this week and the appeals window is open. The 2018 Tax Sale has also been delayed. Updates on new procedures and important dates are here.
4) Learn About Options for your Economic Impact Payment without a Bank Account: Banks across Illinois are offering two options for individuals who do not have a bank account, but who do have an economic impact payment from the IRS. You can find out your options here.
5) Renew Your Driver's License or Vehicle Sticker: Driver Services Centers across the state are closed. There are some services you can access online. Driver's licenses and state IDs that expired after March 16 are also automatically extended. If you need to renew or find out if you can complete your need online, check out this update.
6) Get Married by Zoom! Last week, Gov. Pritzker expanded options for couples to get married by video conference platforms. The Cook County Clerk is working to process marriage license requests as quickly as possible. Updated information about these new procedures is here.
7) Take Out Dining: An ongoing list of local restaurants offering take out is here.
8) Looking to Help?: Thank you to all of our neighbors who are stepping up to help! An ongoing list of opportunities for donations and volunteers is here.
Commissioner Scott Britton