This post was last updated on May 1st at 3:30pm
To the Residents of the 14th District,
Today, new changes to Illinois Stay at Home Order go into effect. You can find the changes here. Starting today all individuals over 2 years old will be required to wear a face-covering or a mask when in a public place where they can't maintain a six-foot social distance.
My office has created a COVID-19 webpage with up-to-date information for you and your family. We will continue to provide weekly summaries of new information as well. You can read last week's update here.
As of today, Illinois has 56,055 reported cases and 2,457 reported deaths. Daily updates on case count and general resources have been compiled by Gov. Pritzker here. You can also see community by community data for Cook County here.
1) Expanded Funding for Small Business Programs: On April 24th, congress passed the Paycheck Protect Program and Health Care Enhancement Act which added $370 billion to the Paycheck Protection Program and other small business programs. You can read more about these programs and learn how they might help your small business here.
2) Beware of COVID-19 Related Frauds and Scams: In Illinois and across the country, scammers are taking advantage of the uncertainty around COVID-19. Do not purchase any products that claim to treat, cure, or perform at home tests for COVID-19. A full list of recommendations and known frauds to watch out for is here.
3) More Places to Enjoy the Outdoors: Starting today, some Illinois State Parks will re-open, you can learn about what parks are open here. The Cook County Forest Preserves continue to be open and have guidance for how to ensure everyone in the county can enjoy the preserves safely, you can read about them here.
4) Take Out Dining: An ongoing list of local restaurants offering take out is here.
5) Looking to Help?: Thank you to all of our neighbors who are stepping up to help! An ongoing list of opportunities for donations and volunteers is here.
Commissioner Scott Britton