This post was last updated on May 22nd at 3:30pm
To the Residents of the 14th District,
My office has created a COVID-19 webpage with up-to-date information for you and your family. We will continue to provide weekly summaries of new information as well. You can read last week's update here.
As of today, Illinois has 105,444 reported cases and 4,715 reported deaths. Daily updates on case count and general resources have been compiled by Gov. Pritzker here. You can also see community by community data for Cook County here.
1) SAFE Resolution Passes: This week, the SAFE Resolution, which protects first responders by sharing whether or not a location has confirmed COVID-19 cases, passed the Cook County Board of Commissioners. Read more about the resolution I introduced here.
2) Celebrate Memorial Day at Home: As we enter the long weekend, the Forest Preserves of Cook County have some tips on how you can have fun while safely enjoying the preserves. For more information, including which preserves will have parking lot closures, click here.
3) Changes to Restore Illinois: Illinois is on track to move to Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan at the end of May. This week, the Governor announced changes to how businesses and restaurants can reopen in the next phase. Learn more about these changes.
4) Property Tax Appeals Dates Released: Although the Cook County Assessor's Office remains closed, the staff is working remotely. New appeal windows have been announced for all townships in District 14. You can find out more about the appeals process and when your property's appeals window is here.
5) Want to Become A Contact Tracer?: To help control the spread of COVID-19, the Illinois Department of Public Health is brining on contract tracers. If this sounds like a job for you, read about it here.
6) Cook County Equitable Recovery Plan: This week Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle announced a plan to help Cook County recover and prioritize equity. The plan outlines key principles for equity and ways that the county can step up. Check out the plan here.
7) Take Out Dining: An ongoing list of local restaurants offering take out is here.
8) Looking to Help?: Thank you to all of our neighbors who are stepping up to help! An ongoing list of opportunities for donations and volunteers is here.
Commissioner Scott Britton