Martin Luther King Jr. Day, marking the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr., is observed on the third Monday of January each year. Below are some ways to serve your community in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy:
- Parents looking to engage their children in conversation around Dr. King's legacy are invited to visit kidlist's kid-friendly resources. From books to virtual events, there are resources and activities for kids of all ages!
- First Presbyterian Church of Arlington Heights is hosting a drive-thru Community Food Drive on Sunday, January 17, and Monday, January 18, from 9:00 am-noon in the church parking lot. Volunteers will gather at the church to provide a safe and contactless drop-off.
- Donate meals to Cook County Hospital staff and healthcare workers by emailing Jack Daley.
- Donate to WINGS: Breaking the Cycle of Domestic Violence, a group that advocates for survivors of domestic violence.
- Donate to Journeys: The Road Home a non-profit agency that provides both shelter and social services to the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in 37 towns in north/northwest suburban Cook County. The missi
- Visit Serve Illinois - a statewide resource for those who are healthy and looking for a way to give back to the community.