This post was last updated on April 10th at 3:30pm
To the Residents of the 14th District,
My office has created a COVID-19 webpage with up to date information for you and your family. We will continue to provide weekly summaries of new information as well. You can read last week's update here.
As of today, Illinois has 17,887 reported cases and 596 reported deaths. Daily updates on case count and general resources have been compiled by Gov. Pritzker here.
1) For New Updates: This week I shared a Q & A on Facebook this week, which you can watch here. For suburban Cook County, you can get municipal case counts here.
2) For Small Businesses & Independent Contractors: Cook County’s Bureau of Economic Development has launched The Community Recovery Fund as part of the Community Recovery Initiative. This loan fund offers one-time, zero-interest loans of up to $20,000 for small businesses and $10,000 for independent contractors in suburban Cook County. Loans will be administered by the Chicago Community Loan Fund and provided by a network of community lenders. Applications open in mid-April on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can sign up for updates here.
3) For Face Coverings: Last week Governor Pritzker & the CDC both issued new guidance on wearing face coverings that snuggly cover your nose and mouth. More information on that guidance as well as directions are here.
4) For Diners: An ongoing list of local restaurants offering take out is here.
5) For the Helpers: Thank you to all of our neighbors who are stepping up to help! An ongoing list of opportunities for donations and volunteers is here.
To those celebrating, Happy Easter and chag sameach--may you enjoy new ways to connect with your family and friends.
Commissioner Scott Britton