Two specialty pharmacies, Oak Forest Mail Order Pharmacy in Oak Forest and the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center Pharmacy in Chicago, have been accreditation by the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC). URAC is an independent nonprofit that establishes quality standards to promote health care equity.
These pharmacies join 20 other Illinois organizations that are accredited by URAC in specialty pharmacy.
URAC accreditation looks for pharmacies that:
· Provide therapy-specific patient management services
· Positively influence patient outcomes
· Provide clear guidance and customized clinical care
· Reduce complexity and increase adherence
· Promote safety and accuracy in dispensing practices
· Comply with foundational standards on risk management, consumer empowerment and performance management