This post was last updated on April 24th at 3:30pm
To the Residents of the 14th District,
Yesterday, Gov. JB Pritzker extended Illinois' Stay at Home Order through the end of May. There will be some changes after May 1, you can catch up on what's new here.
My office has created a COVID-19 webpage with up-to-date information for you and your family. We will continue to provide weekly summaries of new information as well. You can read last week's update here.
As of today, Illinois has 39,658 reported cases and 1,795 reported deaths. Daily updates on case count and general resources have been compiled by Gov. Pritzker here. You can also see community by community data for Cook County here.
1) Economic Impact Payments: Last week, the IRS began issuing individual payments. If you have not received a payment yet, you can update your information with the IRS here. If you have questions or complications, you can find out more here.
2) New Financial Resources for Individuals: Agencies across Illinois are working to support residents with bills, debt, and impacts to personal credit. If you have questions about utility bills, student loans, mortgages, car loans, and more you can get answers here.
3) Unemployment for Independent Contractors & Gig Workers: Part of the federal CARES Act extends unemployment benefits to independent contractors and gig workers who wouldn't normally get access to unemployment insurance. You can find out more about the program and how to apply here.
4) Take Out Dining: An ongoing list of local restaurants offering take out is here.
5) Looking to Help?: Thank you to all of our neighbors who are stepping up to help! An ongoing list of opportunities for donations and volunteers is here.
Commissioner Scott Britton