The town of Arlington Heights in Illinois has had many names.
It was originally called Bradley in 1854 and was changed to Dunton in the year 1855.
By the year 1887, the town's name was changed to the Village of Arlington Heights, and was officially incorporated in 1889.
In the southwest corner of the Wheeling Township, Arlington Heights has much to offer as a suburban town, such as great transportation and a wide variety of food venues.
Located 23 miles northwest of downtown Chicago’s Loop area, Arlington Heights saw a population explosion in the 1950s and 1960s, with the expansion of automobile ownership and the ability for people to commute to Chicago for work. The population of Arlington Heights, thanks to the expansion of the Chicago area economy, rose to 64,884 residents by 1970.
-- By Joshua Beauchamp