"SnapChat" for Parents: Parenting in a Digital Era
Time & Location
About The Event
Mark your calendar for January 30, 2019, and plan to attend A “SnapChat” for Parents: Parenting Children & Adolescents in the Digital Era. You'll take home a better understanding of your children’s digital experience, as well as tips to help you help your children successfully navigate the digital world in which they live.
Officer Joel Detloff from the Glenview Police Department will share the considerations for youth online behavior, how the GPD addresses child online safety, and how they can serve as a resource for parents.
District 34 administrators and teachers will discuss:
- How devices and technology are used as positive tools for teaching and learning
- What online resources students access while at school, and safety and security measures that monitor student use
- What students learn at school about digital citizenship
- Renee Dominguez, PhD, and Robin Lake, MA, LCSW, from Family Service Center (FSC) will discuss:
- The risks and benefits of digital communication and social media use, including its impact of on social and emotional development and functioning
- Practical considerations prior to introducing a smartphone
- Supporting your child’s digital development through mentoring
- Resources for parenting in the digital era