Tonight is the night for goblins and ghouls to take the street for sweet treats! During this fun and festive time of year, it is important to be sure safety is top of mind. Make sure to have the best Halloween possible with these simple safety tips:
- Children under the age of 12 should be accompanied by an adult. Children who are mature enough to trick-or-treat without supervision should be instructed to stick to areas with which they are familiar.
- Cross the street at corners, or where traffic signals and crosswalks are located.
- Carry a glowstick or flashlight to be visible to drivers.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape/stickers, and choose light colors when possible.
- If you are driving when trick-or-treaters are out, be sure to get rid of distractions - like your phone - so you can concentrate on your surroundings. Exit alleys and driveways slowly and carefully.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!