This post was last updated on June 12th at 3:30pm
To the Residents of the 14th District,
My office has created a COVID-19 webpage with up-to-date information for you and your family. We will continue to provide weekly summaries of new information as well. You can our last update here.
As of today, Illinois has 131,198 reported cases and 6,260 reported deaths. Daily updates on case count and general resources have been compiled by Gov. Pritzker here. You can also see community by community data for Cook County here.
Cook County has moved to Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan. While businesses and workplaces can cautiously reopen, it does not mean we are out of the woods. I ask you to join me to continue to exercise caution, wear a face covering, and practice social distancing.
1) Forest Preserves Reopen: The Cook County Forest Preserves have reopened! This includes camp grounds, golf courses, dog areas, boat centers, and more. For full details on the reopening, click here.
2) Cook County Community Recovery Fund: Cook County launched a new initiative to support small businesses and independent contractors in the county. You must apply by June 17th at 11:59pm. For more information, including if your business is eligible, click here.
3) Annual Tax Sale Delayed: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the annual tax sale for tax delinquent properties was delayed. This year's tax sale is still delayed under a court order. In addition, under a new state bill property owners will now have 13 months to repay back taxes before their properties are auctioned. You can read more here.
4) Cook County Receives Contact Tracing Grant: To help control the spread of COVID-19, Cook County is adopting a robust contact tracing program. The county received at $41 million grant to support this work. Learn more here.
5) New Grant Program for Child Care Providers: As businesses across the state reopen, parents are looking for child care options. Illinois has launched a new grant program to keep child care centers afloat while their capacity is limited by the pandemic. You can find out about this grant, including if your child care program is eligible here.
6) Take Out Dining & To Go Drinks: Bars across Illinois can now sell to-go cocktails. You can learn more here. You can also find a list of local restaurants offering take out here.
7) Looking to Help?: Thank you to all of our neighbors who are stepping up to help! An ongoing list of opportunities for donations and volunteers is here.
Commissioner Scott Britton